When I was a kid, back in the late 60's, I'd seen about five Jaguars. Of course that was the muscle car era. I had ridden in several of those, much to my delight. When I'd looked at a Jaguar, it caught my eye. It was different. It was unique.
I, to this day, have not ridden or driven a Jaguar. I'd ridden in several muscle cars and was delighted. I went on to own three. The innovation was special and it still is. However, I haven't "clumped" innovation into one big category, even when it comes to cars.
To me, Jaguar's innovation is different. Maybe it's Europe. Certainly the advertising has made the difference. This difference has been over many years. The product has lived up to the billing. You might be thinking that I'll never own a Jaguar. I'm thinking that now. But I can still admire the brand.
The Jaguar brand has given us many lessons in promotion and admiration. They create the content. Their recent content creation is the Jaguar XE. The car is elegant and fun. Know the experience better by following the #FEELXE hashtag.
Through the years Jaguar has made their brand "knowable" to many throughout the world. They did this by making their story my story. Now my Jaguar story isn't the same story as an owner, but I have a story just the same.
They did this by ambassadorship. And we can learn 5 items from this to promote our brand:
- Make people feel special. Make your customers feel fan special. Produce content that is sharable. Give something that is worth remembering.
- Keep your friends close. To be successful in influence marketing groom the relationship with your online customers and prospects.
- Conversations are everything. Jaguar keeps the conversation moving. They respond, thank, and share.
- Give them something to talk about. And we talk about it.
- Listen to your fans. Yes, a conversation overload.